Point of sale systems are a hot topic in the restaurant industry. Be it for the small store on the corner or restaurant or larger establishments, it’s been a necessary tool for a long time. In this section, we’ll cover the benefits of point of sale systems and the different types of systems available.
- Business Intelligence – Business Intelligence is a benefit included in POS system software helps restaurant and shop owners keep a keen eye on their operation. This real-time data highlights sales, expenses, supplier activity and employee activity. Making sense of data provided by your POS System is vital in today’s trading conditions. With automated alerts, to force action from management.
- Loyalty programs – Customer loyalty programs are another benefit of the POS systems that any businesses can capitalise on. The POS system will save pertinent customer information that can be used to enhance customer service for loyal customers. Loyalty programs can offer incentives through online ordering, email marketing, of gift cards.
- Staff management – Many POS users can manage business task from the right POS. The best POS systems are cloud based which provide flexibility of use through POS apps on mobile devices. Staff is one of the biggest expenses and with proper management, it could reduce expenses significantly.
- Inventory management- One of the best POS benefits for all business types is inventory management tools. To run business the right way it means having accurate store management systems in place. Inventory management is a POS system business highlight. This feature can track inventory not just in the back office but also through multi store branches and even an online store. This creates quick service when trying to locate various products and highlights stock levels for more informed inventory purchasing.
- Customer insights – Consumer insight is key when driving sales. With a integrations to Customer Relationship Management business owners can build an authentic customer relationship by tapping into this POS benefit. By collecting data such as purchase history, it generates a more complete overview of the target market. Some POS systems have advanced technology which provides insight on a customer across multiple channels to enhance the customer experience.
- Integrations – In order to enhance customer experience, integrations play an vital role in enhancing the customer and supplier experience. So many options are available. Integrations to payment solutions, food delivery service, accounting software, online reservations and loyalty programs, to name a few.